MinE News & Events
Department to host 15th North American Mine Ventilation Symposium in Summer 2015.
- Student Resume Deadlines. To interview with Fall 2014 recruiters, students must submit resumes by the following deadlines
Seniors,Juniors, Sophmores: 5 p.m. Friday Aug. 29
- Students must upload their resumes to their individual “Resume Drop Box” on the MinE Resumes Scholar site. Be sure to submit your resumes on time in the correct PDF format with the correct file naming.
Virginia Tech's Department of Mining and Minerals Engineering (VT MinE) is one of the largest minerals-related programs in North America, enjoying a strong international reputation for its academic, research and public service programs. As of Fall 2013 the Department has had an enrollment of 200 undergraduate and 33 graduate students and, in the 2012-13 academic year, graduated 39 students with B.S. degrees in Mining Engineering. Consisting of 9 full-time faculty members, the Department has approximately $8 million of research expenditures per year and is housed within the nationally ranked Virginia Tech College of Engineering.
The department prepares highly qualified, rigorously trained mining and minerals engineers whose background and education reflect the current level of technology and thought in the profession. The department is committed to providing students with a wide array of resources to enhance their academic and professional development as well as increase their employment opportunities.
The B.S. degree program in Mining Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET,http://www.abet.org
Department of Mining & Minerals Engineering
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
100 Holden Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0239
Phone (540) 231-6671
Fax (540) 231-4070
- Mining Interviews Schedule and Signup
- Student Resources
- Advising Info for Rising Sophomores (updated March 2014)
- Burkhart Mining Society (Official Student Site)
- Graduate Program
- Faculty Bios
- Department EAC
- Department Forms