- Thermodynamics and phase behavior of reservoir fluids
- Multiphase flow reservoir simulation
- Enhanced oil and gas recovery
- Unconventional reservoirs
- Phase behavior analyses of oil-rich shales with large gas-oil capillary pressure
- Compositionally-extended black oil models for EOR applications
- Injection of produced gas to minimize flaring and to enhance oil recovery
- CO2 sequestration and gas injection EOR in oil-rich shales
- Relative permeability measurements for shales
- Pore scale modeling of reservoir fluids in confined space
- Molecular dynamics simulation of hydrocarbon fluids in nano-pores
- Multicomponent Thermodynamics
- Nojabaei B., Johns R.T, 2016, Extrapolation of Black- and Volatile-oil Fluid Properties with Application to Immiscible/Miscible Gas Injection, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, vol.33, pp. 367-37.
- Nojabaei B., Siripatrachai N., Johns R.T, Ertekin T., 2016, Effect of Large Gas-oil Capillary Pressure on Production: A Compositionally-extended Black Oil Formulation, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 147, pp. 317-329.
- Nojabaei B., Hasan A.R., Kabir C., 2014, Modeling Wellbore Transient Fluid-Temperature and Pressure During Diagnostic Fracture Injection Testing in Unconventional Reservoirs, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, vol.53, issue 03, pp.161-167.
- Nojabaei B., Johns R.T, Chu L., 2013, Effect of Capillary Pressure on Phase Behavior in Tight Rocks and Shales, SPEREE, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 281-289.
- Nojabaei B., Kabir S.C., 2012, Establishing Key Reservoir Parameters with Diagnostic Fracture Injection Testing, SPEREE, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 563-570.
- Nojabaei B., Mansoori Z., Saffar-Avval M., 2012, Heat transfer in Turbulent Liquid-Solid Flow Considering the Interparticle Collision Effect, Petroleum Science and Technology, vol.30, no.12, pp.1296-1306.
- 2015: Ph.D., energy and mineral engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- 2009: Master of Science, mechanical Engineering (energy conversion), Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- 2006: Bachelor of Science, mechanical engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran