- Thermodynamics and phase behavior of reservoir fluids
- Multiphase flow reservoir simulation
- Enhanced oil and gas recovery
- Unconventional reservoirs
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2006
M.S. Mechanical Engineering (Energy Conversion), Amirkabir University of Technology, 2009
Ph.D. Energy and Mineral Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 2015
- Phase behavior analyses of oil-rich shales with large gas-oil capillary pressure
- Compositionally-extended black oil models for EOR applications
- Injection of produced gas to minimize flaring and to enhance oil recovery
- CO2 sequestration and gas injection EOR in oil-rich shales
- Relative permeability measurements for shales
- Pore scale modeling of reservoir fluids in confined space
- Molecular dynamics simulation of hydrocarbon fluids in nano-pores
- Multicomponent Thermodynamics
- Nojabaei B., Johns R.T, 2016, Extrapolation of Black- and Volatile-oil Fluid Properties with Application to Immiscible/Miscible Gas Injection, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, vol.33, pp. 367-37.
- Nojabaei B., Siripatrachai N., Johns R.T, Ertekin T., 2016, Effect of Large Gas-oil Capillary Pressure on Production: A Compositionally-extended Black Oil Formulation, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 147, pp. 317-329.
- Nojabaei B., Hasan A.R., Kabir C., 2014, Modeling Wellbore Transient Fluid-Temperature and Pressure During Diagnostic Fracture Injection Testing in Unconventional Reservoirs, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, vol.53, issue 03, pp.161-167.
- Nojabaei B., Johns R.T, Chu L., 2013, Effect of Capillary Pressure on Phase Behavior in Tight Rocks and Shales, SPEREE, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 281-289.
- Nojabaei B., Kabir S.C., 2012, Establishing Key Reservoir Parameters with Diagnostic Fracture Injection Testing, SPEREE, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 563-570.
- Nojabaei B., Mansoori Z., Saffar-Avval M., 2012, Heat transfer in Turbulent Liquid-Solid Flow Considering the Interparticle Collision Effect, Petroleum Science and Technology, vol.30, no.12, pp.1296-1306.