Mineral Processing; Mine Pollution Control; Process Economics and Mineral Property Evaluation
B.S. Mining Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2009
M.S. Mining Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2012
Ph.D. Mining Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2013
- Process Circuit Design and Simulation
- Environmental Treatment Strategies
- Critical Material Recovery from Coal and Coal Byproducts
- Off-Earth Mining Systems Development
- MINE 3534: Mineral Processing
- MINE 4524: Project Engineering & Management
- Gupta, Nikhil, Gerald H. Luttrell, and Aaron Noble. (in press). “Optimization of the coal fuel supply chain for Indian thermal power plants.” International Journal of Coal Preparation and Utilization.
- Luttrell, Gerald H. and Aaron Noble (2017). “Optimization of flotation plant performance using micro-pricing analysis.” Mining Engineering, 69 (2): 34-40.
- Amini, Seyed Hassan* and Aaron Noble. (2017). “Application of linear circuit analysis in evaluation of mineral processing circuit design under uncertainty.” Minerals Engineering, 102: 18:29.
- Amini, Seyed Hassan*, Rick Honaker, and Aaron Noble. (2016). "Performance evaluation of a dense-medium cyclone using alternative silica-based media." Powder Technology, 297: 392 - 400.
- Noble, Aaron and Gerald H. Luttrell (2016). "The partition moment of inertia: techno-economic partition curve analysis with applications to coal separations." Minerals & Metallurgical Processing, 33 (2): 68 - 76.
- Noble, Aaron, Thomas He, and Paul Ziemkiewicz. (2016). “Partitioning Behavior of 4-Methyl Cyclohexane Methanol in Two Appalachian Coal Preparation Plants.” International Journal of Coal Preparation & Utilization, 36 (2): 69 - 81.
- Amini, Seyed Hassan*, Rick Honaker, and Aaron Noble. (2016). "Assessing the feasibility of silica-based media for coal preparation operations: A novel method of carbon feedstock production for the silicon market." Powder Technology, 288: 176 - 183.
- Noble, Aaron and Vladislav Kecojevic. (2015). “Analysis of Research Scholarship for Faculty at US ABET Accredited Mining Engineering Schools by Citations and H-Index.” Transactions of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, Section A: Mining Technology. Vol 124. No. 4: 222 - 230.
- Noble, Aaron and Gerald H. Luttrell. (2015). “A Review of State-of-the-Art Processing Operations in Coal Preparation.” International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. Vol. 25. No. 4: 511-521.
- He, Thomas, Aaron Noble, and Paul Ziemkiewicz. (2015). “Laboratory Investigation of MCHM Transport Mechanisms and Fate: Implications for Coal Preparation.” Chemosphere, 127: 158-163.
- Noble, Aaron and Gerald H. Luttrell. (2015). “Value-Based Objective Functions Applied to Circuit Analysis”. Minerals & Metallurgical Processing. Vol. 32. No. 1: 45 – 58.
- Noble, Aaron and Gerald H. Luttrell. (2014). “The Matrix Reduction Algorithm for Solving Separation Circuits.” Minerals Engineering, 64: 97 – 108.