From annual fund giving and endowed scholarships to senior class gifts and industry sponsorship, alumni and friends of mining and minerals engineering are guided by a common mission: Ut Prosim, That I May Serve.
Whether it's schloarships that provide tuition assistance or support our award-winning student competition teams that are supported by industry partnerships, your philanthropy helps the Department of Mining and Minerals Engineering develop and train graduates who can meet the global challenges of the 21st century.
Your gifts go to student-first priorities:
- $10 buys a sophomore their first mining engineering t-shirt
- $20 sends a first-year engineering student to blast day at a local quarry
- $50 sends a local Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration section conference
- $100 buys an Arduino robot kit for student learning in the Center for Autonomous Mining, a.k.a. VT Mock Mine.
- $500 covers FAA drone testing and licensing fees for three students
Thank you to all our generous supporters. Learn more ways to give back. Be a part of our committment to a better future.